Now that the 2017 predictions have kind of ‘petered out’ and new year’s resolutions been broken (yeah, doesn’t take long) it’s time to spot the trends. Here’s a list of 11 trends that are really important (we think) that you should follow. Or, just go back to that diet resolution.
Here is a short list of the top trends to follow in the fintech area as we move deeper into the new year. Everything from the rise of insurtech to chatbots to cybersecurity. These are trends that can’t be ignored and should be included in everyone’s “I have to know list”. Very good insight. (Bill Taylor/CEO)
“The first few weeks of 2017 bombarded us with articles predicting the future of fintech and financial services. I’ve now analysed them all and identified the top 11 trends that the leading banking and fintech experts agree we should be following now. Here’s the trend breakdown:
- Removing friction from the customer journey
- Rise of insurtech
- Rise of regtech
- PSD2 forces banks and fintech to partner
- Reform of the bank boardroom
- China and emerging markets focus
- Chatbots, machine learning, AI
- Fintech gets integrated with social media
- Fintech gets integrated with the Internet of Things
- Platforms, APIs, and open banking are key
- Blockchain moves out of the labs and into the real world.
Oh, and cybersecurity is also a big worry. Here’s some commentary about these 11 areas…”