Join Us For a Complimentary Webcast Produced by Hartford Funds & Presented by Financial Advisor Magazine
On Demand Replay
Featuring John Diehl, CFP®, CLU®, ChFC®, Senior Vice President, Strategic Markets at Hartford Funds
A new array of devices and services is transforming retirement, making it easier for aging clients to work, stay healthy, live at home and remain connected to friends and family.
For the next generation of retirees, one question will trump all others: How do you add life to longer lives? As people live longer, and spend more time in retirement, the challenge will be to get more out of those years. How do you find a rewarding second career? How do you stay close with friends and family? How do you maintain independence and mobility? How do you embrace new experiences?
The answer: technology. With the advent of smartphones and constant connectedness, a new peer-to-peer, on-demand economy has emerged. With a simple swipe or tap of an app, information and services are available at our fingertips.
This new economy of connections is what will enable us to live fuller lives as we age, and it touches five important aspects of our lives:
- Technology-Driven Transportation Will Help Us Stay Mobile
- It Will Be Easier to Work and Earn Income Longer
- We’ll Be Better Able to Maintain Our Social Network as We Age
- Apps to Help Us Age in Place
- Technology Will Monitor Our Health at Home
During this webcast you’ll learn:
- A new array of devices and services that will make it easier for your aging clients to work, stay healthy, live at home and remain connected to friends and family
- The opportunity for advisors to focus on the income that will be necessary to address specific needs in later life. Moreover, a longevity specialist serves as a connector between clients and trusted, vetted services that provide solutions to the jobs of longevity
- Practical ideas to help your clients experience the capabilities of these new apps and devices
This program has been accepted for one hour of CE Credit from the CFP Board and one CE hour toward the CIMA®/CIMC®/CPWA® designations.
John Diehl, CFP®, CLU®, ChFC®
Senior Vice President
Strategic Markets at Hartford Funds
John Diehl is senior vice president of Strategic Markets for Hartford Funds. He and his team are responsible for engaging and educating financial advisors and their clients about current and emerging opportunities in the financial-services marketplace. These opportunities range from tactical strategies in areas such as retirement-income planning, investment planning, and charitable planning, to anticipating and preparing for long-term demographic and lifestyle changes. John also oversees Hartford Funds’ relationship with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology AgeLab.
John joined the company in 1988 and was promoted to assistant vice president in 1991 and vice president in 1997. He was named senior vice president in 2007, while he led the Retirement and Wealth Consulting Group, which was responsible for building awareness and knowledge of retirement challenges and the latest planning strategies to address them. In 2012, John was named Senior Vice President, Strategic Markets; in this role, he devotes his efforts to serving the needs of financial advisors and their clients.