WE HOPE YOU ENJOY OUR NEW FORMAT FOR BITCOIN VS GOLD, INCLUDING A LINK TO THE NEW CME ETHEREUM INDEXES!
By Bill Taylor, Contributor
We compare the price of Bitcoin, Ethereum, & Gold, using the CME Bitcoin Indexes (BRR & BRTI) and the CME Ethereum Indexes (ETH_RR_USD) & (ETH_RTI_USD) for reference.
6/18/18 Closing Prices:
Bitcoin: $6,441.85 (-$70.66) (from Friday’s close)
Ethereum: $495.03 (+$2.03) (from Friday’s close)
Gold: $1,278 (-$2) (from Friday’s close)
Dow Jones Industrials: 24,987.47 (-103.01)
S&P 500: 2,773.87 (-5.79)
Nasdaq Composite: 7,747.02 (+0.65)
Trading Summary Notes for Monday, 6/18/2018
- BOUGHT BITCOIN @ $6,492…….NEW TRADING POSITION
- Indecisive weekend for BITCOIN and ETHEREUM. Soft selling today in the morning BUT strong rally after London close
- SEC ruling that BTC and ETH are NOT securities finally sinking in?
- Rumors of crypto trading manipulation getting old. Old news is no news
- BTC back to $8,500? ETH back to $600? Possibly
- GOLD dips a little more over the weekend. Rally’s back to where it was Friday
- Stronger dollar hurting GOLD for the moment
- Recent inflation numbers are beginning to “run hot”. Labor shortages ALWAYS lead to upside wage pressures…….and inflation
- Still feel inflation is being under estimated
- Neutral on gold currently
- Long term bullish on BTC, ETH and gold
CURRENT TRADING POSITION: LONG BITCOIN
Bill Taylor is Managing Partner at Fintek Capital & a frequent contributor to FintekNews