FintekNews compares the price of Bitcoin, Gold & Major Market Averages on a daily basis, and uses the Chicago Mercantile Exchange’s (CME) bitcoin indexes (BRR & BRTI) for bitcoin pricing.
1/12/18 Closing Prices:
Bitcoin: $13,824.25 (-$226.12)
Gold: $1,339 (+$17.00)
Dow Jones Industrials: 25,803.19 (+228.46)
S&P 500: 2,786.24 (+18.68)
Nasdaq Composite: 7,261.06 (+49.28)
Trading Summary Notes for Friday, 1/12/2018
- BITCOIN selling continues. Lots of uncertainty weighing on investors
- Worries? South Korea may ban crypto trading. China cracking down on miners. Regulators trying to tamp down speculation (usually doesn’t work for long)
- No new reasons to buy bitcoin. Traders piling into global equities?
- Bitcoin needs a break from all the hype. Normal settling down activity
- GOLD, GOLD GOLD…….big leap higher
- Near term price target of $1,350 almost here.
- Inflation talk starting to pick up. Bullish for gold
- A big story for 2018? Inflation led by strong wage increases.
- Top 2018 “HOT” picks………..both BITCOIN & GOLD
CURRENT TRADING POSITION: Long GOLD