For the holidays, we are revisiting a few of our tried and true genres from the past including our “Deal of the Day” series on interesting VC and crowdfunding deals. Today’s feature isn’t really a VC deal, but it’s a BIG deal – $1.05B to be exact.
Global payments provider TSYS has agreed to acquire technology provider Cayan for a cool $1B and change. Steve McLaughlin’s fintech investment banking firm FT Partners advised Cayan on the deal. Check out the details below and be reminded that fintech continues to grow exponentially and will continue to do so in 2018.
“Overview of Transaction
- On December 18, 2017, TSYS announced it has entered into an agreement to acquire Cayan in an all cash transaction valued at approximately $1.05 billion
- The transaction is expected to close in Q1 2018
- Cayan, a portfolio company of Parthenon Capital Partners, provides technology led acquiring services to more than 70,000 merchants and 100+ integrated partners in the U.S.
- The Company’s flagship Genius platform delivers a seamless and scalable unified commerce experience across channels
- TSYS (NYSE: TSS) is a leading global payments provider, offering innovative and secure solutions across the payments spectrum — from issuer processing and merchant acquiring to prepaid program management
Significance of Transaction
- The acquisition strategically complements TSYS’ merchant goals to become a leading payment provider to small and medium size businesses in the U.S.
- The addition of Cayan’s unified commerce solutions elevates TSYS’ competitive position to jointly offer a broader set of value-add products and services to partners and merchants
FT Partners’ Role
- FT Partners served as exclusive strategic and financial advisor to Cayan and its Board of Directors
- FT Partners also advised Cayan on its recapitalization by Parthenon Capital Partners along with numerous acquisitions made by the Company
- This transaction highlights FT Partners’ continued success advising prominent companies in the Payments and Merchant Acquiring space and its leadership position as the “advisor of choice” to the highest quality FinTech Companies”
Full Information at FTPartners.com