FarmTech – with fintech – is hot hot hot! Back on August 10th, we featured a FintekNews Deal of the Day featuring Farmers Business Network, which had just raised a $20M VC round. Big data meets farming. Turns out there’s more where that came from. Canadian-based Decisive Farming has just announced a $6M Series A round. The site has a similar theme to Farmers Business Network, but is focused on Canadian agriculture. They offer a full suite of solutions for Canadian farmers including farm software, precision agronomics and crop marketing through a relationship with commodity brokerage firm INTL FCStone. They are also putting on a conference in December and have a blog with additional news updates for subscribers.
From their website:
“My Farm Manager™ makes it easy to find and update important records: whether you’re in the office, in the field, or on vacation.
- View fields and crop plans on the map
- Integrated market contracts and farm expenses
- Dynamic profit margin tracking (based on crop type)
- Up to date equipment records and notes
- Track agronomy and marketing services
- Custom access settings for everyone on the farm
Our Variable Rate Program has a proven track record for return on investment and is fully supported from start to finish. Complete packages are available for variable rate applications, agronomy, and soil testing.
- Easy online confirmation of GIS boundaries
- Sure-Check soil testing
- Composite zone maps and analysis
- Prescription files ready to go
- Field trial profit comparisons
- Premium support for agronomics, precision equipment, and data
Our award-winning Crop Marketing Platform just got even better. Now fully integrated, our profit and commodity tracking tools automatically update based on your actual crop plans.
- 1-on-1 advice from experts, anytime
- Custom crop marketing plan
- Powerful margin & market tracking software
- Unlimited training workshops
- Auto-updated profit tracking and profit analysis based on projected yield
- Hedge plan tracking
- 20+ market reports”
Total Equity Funding
$7.66M in 2 Rounds from 2 Investors
Most Recent Funding
$6M Series A on October 29, 2016