Here at FintekNews & Financial Advisor, we know you face a broad array of competitive challenges, from designing portfolios enabling clients to achieve their goals to building your own businesses. The Inside Alternatives and Asset Allocation Conference looks beyond traditional alternative investments and strategies and into the “new breed” of alternatives, how they are perceived by the investing public, and how they are being utilized by successful advisors. In a world where many experts believe traditional assets are expensive, you’ll learn about alternative ways to protect and grow your clients’ principal. At our day-one Impact/SRI and ESG Investing track, leading experts will share their insights on building outstanding impact investing portfolios and how prospecting, client meetings, next-generation planning, among other facets of financial services shine when impact is lent to the mix.
The event is loaded with compelling speakers—it also offers sessions with more than 20 hours of CE credits.
Here’s a partial list of speakers and what they’ll be addressing.
- Economist and market strategist Ed Yardeni will set the stage and discuss How To Invest In President Trump’s economy. Some of the president’s policies are pro-business but his trade policies inject a dose of volatility into the markets.
- Paul Pagnato and Peter Raimondi will share the lessons they learned building billion-dollar RIA firms. Before launching his firm, Pagnato was one of the architects of Merrill Lynch’s private bank. Raimondi has built two billion-dollar RIA firms—one of which he sold to Boston Private—for $60 million. Now he’s building a third.
- Value managers face multiple challenges today and two of the best, Steven Romick of FPA and Parnassus Funds’ founder Jerome Dodson, will discuss how they are delivering returns while simultaneously protecting clients’ capital. Romick is a former Morningstar manager of the year while Dodson, an ESG pioneer, has crushed the S&P 500 over the last 10 years.
- Where do alternative investments fit into asset allocation strategies? Nicole Tanenbaum, chief investment strategist of Chequers Financial Management, will question Paul Pagnato and Tarbox Family Office’s Laura Tarbox about how their firms devise client solutions.
- On Day 2, September 25, David Callahan, founder of Inside Philanthropy, will provide an expert’s view on how the charitable landscape is changing rapidly, and what it means for your clients as well as Silicon Valley billionaires.
- Think it is time to put some hedges on part of clients’ portfolios? It’s hard to find two better long-short managers than Invenomic Capital’s Ali Motamed and Cognios Capital’s Jon Angrist. Motamed, another Morningstar manager of the year, focuses on long-short investing while Angrist, whose fund has five stars, is a market-neutral manager. They’ll explain how the two strategies diverge while providing attendees with their latest ideas.
- For some big-picture, outside-the-box insights, The Gartman Letter’s Dennis Gartman and Morgan Creek Capital’s Mark Yusko will offer their opinions on a cross-section of asset classes. Expect some contrarian ideas that will help you re-examine your assumptions.