Welcome to your daily dose of fintech & Happy Fintech Friday to you! Today we have a look at how quant funds are snapping up data to give themselves a trading edge, word that iCapital Network has doubled their AUM with an acquisition from Deutsche Bank and much more..
Make sure to check out our daily trading & market reports below from CEO Bill Taylor and hedgie Mike Zigmont.
- The Zigmont Report (Daily Market Recap for 9/19/17)
Check out our new daily market wrap up from NYC hedgie Mike Zigmont
- $4,000 FADING AWAY FOR BITCOIN; GOLD INCHES UP, HOLDING ABOVE $1,300 (9/19/17)
Daily update of bitcoin, gold & other major market indices
And if you’re in NYC on October 3rd, make sure you register to attend the Trading Show New York!
We’ve got lots of other GREAT stories for you today, too:
- iCapital Network to Purchase US Private Equity Access Fund Platform from Deutsche Bank, Doubling AUM to $5B
This platform is growing at a dizzying pace in 2017
- Artificial Intelligence & Ethical Issues Continue to Linger
Another concerning piece on where AI is headed
- Quant Hedge Funds Buying Data at Dizzying Pace
Data, get your data here, folks, step right up….
- Salesforce Launches $50M VC for Artificial Intelligence Investments
Artificial Intelligence VCs are all the rage these days
- FintekNews Celebrates #WomenInFintech – Meet Holly Glowaty of K+H Connection
Our latest interview in our celebration series of women in fintech
- FintekNews-Weekly Fintech Jobs (9/18-9/24)
In the market for a new fintech job? You’ve come to the right place
- 3 Questions with John “Morgan” Slade of CloudQuant
Our latest interview in our weekly 3 Questions series
- WealthTech Insights – Interview with Cindy Taylor
Thanks to the team at Insart for posting this interview on our views around WealthTech
And some other top reads from the recent past:
- The Shakeout of the Roboadvisor Movement
- “Welfies” Enter the Wealth Management Sector
- Russia’s Putin Charges Forward with National Digital Currency Directive
- A Look At Cryptocurrency Trading from a 20 Year Old Millennial’s Perspective
- The Assault on Small Cap IPOs
- Not So Fintech News – The Story of Harvey the Hurricane Hawk
- Frumpy Old Walmart is Actually on the Leading Edge in Machine Learning, IoT & Big Data
- FintekNews Celebrates #WomenInFintech – Meet Sally Outlaw of Worthy
- Barclays Has Installed Tracking Devices at Employee Desks
- 25 Top Traded Stocks by Hedge Funds for Q2/17; Not One Fintech
- New Mortgage Platform Promises Closings in as Few as 8 Days
- The Top Ten VC-Backed Fintechs for 2017
- CFTC & SEC Turf War Looming Over Digital Currencies?
- 2017 is the Year of AI & Machine Learning in Fintech
- This Is The Dawning of the Age of the DCO
- Ex-Morgan Stanley CEO Planning $950M ICO
- Russia Looks to Become Digital Banking Mecca
- Breathtaking Initiative – World Identity Network Launches
- Billionaire Mark Cuban & Others Jumping Into ICO Market
- Algorithms & Market Automation Ushering Out Traders Permanently
- WSJ’s Top 25 Tech Companies for 2017-3 Are Fintechs
- The New Cryptocurrency Gold Rush Has Arrived
- Fidelity’s Abigail Johnson Announces She’s a Bitcoin Believer
- Blockchain Could Help United Nations Assist Over 80 Million People
- Digitizing Gold, the CME and the Royal Mint
- Where are the Women in Fintech?
Check out FintekNews-Hottest Finance Jobs of 2017, with a link to our full suite of recruiting solutions with our partner OneWire.
Click here to join our FintekNews’ Linkedin Group!
Follow us on social media and share our content with your friends and colleagues:
FintekNews launched mid-2016, so you’re witnessing a new media company being born! This website was an idea that came to us over a year ago. In searching for a comprehensive single source of fintech news, we found many different sites that covered many industries individually, but none that covered ALL the pieces of the pie that comprise FINTECH at large. Those pieces include trading & markets, banking & payments, digitial currencies & blockchain, P2P and marketplace lending, insurance-tech and mortgage-tech, robo-managers, risk management & fraud detection systems plus VC & PE news in the space.
While there are many superb sites that cover one or two pieces of the industry, or cover more sectors but are UK- or Asian-based, none that are USA-based covered them all. So-that is what FintekNews will endeavor to do. Since we are launching organically, we will offer a combination of original content and clipped news items in the near term, plus a little humor on the side for you, too! As we grow, we will expand our original content and add chat, video and other features to the site as well.
Enjoy our content and contact us if you’d like to contribute or advertise on our site or newsleter.
Yours in Fintech,
Cindy Taylor, Publisher