Welcome to your daily dose of fintech and Happy Monday from Sunny Atlanta! Today we have news that blockchain security firm Ledger has raised $75M in a Series B round, a look at how fintech has evolved since the Great Recession 10 years ago, and our latest 3 Questions interview with Sally Outlaw of Worthy Financial, plus much more. Enjoy!
Sponsored: Make sure to check out…
OnPlace – An Important New Marketplace for Investing in Private Tech Firms & Their ICO
Make sure to check out our daily trading & market reports below from CEO Bill Taylor and hedgie Mike Zigmont.
- The Zigmont Report (Daily Market Recap for 1/19/18)
Check out our new daily market wrap up from NYC hedgie Mike Zigmont
(Mike’s daily column will return in the New Year)
- BITCOIN Firm After Wild Plunge; Wow, What Fun; GOLD Jumps Back Up; Solid Action (1/19/18)
Daily update of bitcoin, gold & other major market indices
We’ve got lots of other GREAT stories for you today, too:
- Initial Coin Offerings Getting Harder in 2018
Party’s over and the grown ups have arrived, and we welcome it
- German Central Bank Wants Global Initiatives for Bitcoin
I am proud of my German heritage but das is nicht very smart
- A Look At Fintech 10 Years After the Great Recession
This is a powerful piece and a must read on our recent history & fintech’s rise
- 2018: The Year for Customer Experience Transformation
Great guest post from Kathy Juvy of Convergys on what 2018 holds
- VC Deal of the Day: Blockchain Security Firm Ledger Raises $75M
Blockchain deals are getting more moola
- 3 Questions with Sally Outlaw of Worthy Financial
Our latest interview in our weekly 3 Questions series
- FintekNews Celebrates #WomenInFintech – Meet Krista Morgan of P2Binvestor
Our latest interview in our celebration series of women in fintech
- #FintechSavvy – Meet Lori Johnston of Impact Capital Strategies
Our newest series on advisors and their tech
And some other top reads from the recent past:
- IBM, Comcast Ventures Back New Blockchain Accelerator MState
- Merrill Lynch Bans Investments in Barry Silbert’s Bitcoin Investment Trust
- Vancouver Poised to Become Global Crypto Hub, According to Vanbex Group CEO
- Top Ten Crypto Assets of 2017 (hint: Bitcoin is NOT on the list)
- BITCOIN: $1 Million, $0 & Bubbles(?)
- Bitcoin Becoming More Illiquid as Trade Confirmation Times Rise
- Google Says Bitcoin is the #2 Search Term for 2017
- Fintech Goes Sporting with Launch of Global Sports Financial Exchange
- The Thousand Whales of Bitcoin
- Meet Switzerland’s “Bitcoin Queen” Olga Feidmeier
- A Look at Some of the Latest Cryptocurrency Investment Funds
- The Millennial Bitcoin Trader Publishes New Bitcoin Sentiment Videos
- James Altucher Predicts Bitcoin Will Hit $1M by 2020
- A Citrus Barron from the 1920’s Holds the Key to the Legality of ICOs
- Fidelity Could Help Create 26 Million New Bitcoin Investors
- The Millennial Bitcoin Trader Publishes New Cryptocurrency Chart Pattern Videos
- Former Fortress Investment Group Hedgie Launching $500M Crypto Fund
- Meet the Man who Created the Initial Coin Offering (ICO)
- The Great “Sexism in FinTech” Debate
- Russia’s Putin Charges Forward with National Digital Currency Directive
- A Look At Cryptocurrency Trading from a 20 Year Old Millennial’s Perspective
- The Top Ten VC-Backed Fintechs for 2017
- CFTC & SEC Turf War Looming Over Digital Currencies
- Ex-Morgan Stanley CEO Planning $950M ICO
- Algorithms & Market Automation Ushering Out Traders Permanently
- Fidelity’s Abigail Johnson Announces She’s a Bitcoin Believer
- Blockchain Could Help United Nations Assist Over 80 Million People
- Digitizing Gold, the CME and the Royal Mint
- Where are the Women in Fintech?
Check out FintekNews-Hottest Finance Jobs of 2017, with a link to our full suite of recruiting solutions with our partner OneWire.
Click here to join our FintekNews’ Linkedin Group!
Follow us on social media and share our content with your friends and colleagues:
FintekNews launched mid-2016, so you’re witnessing a new media company being born! This website was an idea that came to us over a year ago. In searching for a comprehensive single source of fintech news, we found many different sites that covered many industries individually, but none that covered ALL the pieces of the pie that comprise FINTECH at large. Those pieces include trading & markets, banking & payments, digitial currencies & blockchain, P2P and marketplace lending, insurance-tech and mortgage-tech, robo-managers, risk management & fraud detection systems plus VC & PE news in the space.
While there are many superb sites that cover one or two pieces of the industry, or cover more sectors but are UK- or Asian-based, none that are USA-based covered them all. So-that is what FintekNews will endeavor to do. Since we are launching organically, we will offer a combination of original content and clipped news items in the near term, plus a little humor on the side for you, too! As we grow, we will expand our original content and add chat, video and other features to the site as well.
Enjoy our content and contact us if you’d like to contribute or advertise on our site or newsletter.
Yours in Fintech,
Cindy Taylor, Publisher