Welcome to your daily dose of fintech and Happy Wednesday to you! Today we have learned that Mr. Wonderful (a/k/a Kevin O’Reilly) has predicted the demise of small cap stocks due to the rise of tokens, news of a new blockchain-based futures exchange looking to take on the CME & Cboe, and our word of an interesting (and frankly surprising) reassurance from Mark Carney, head of the Bank of England, at the recent G20 summit. Enjoy!
Attend The Trading Show Chicago 2018 – May 9&10 – Navy Pier
ON DEMAND WEBINAR: Profitable Stock & ETF Strategies in a Volatile Market, sponsored by Chaikin Analytics, Tuesday, March 20 at 2:00 ET
Make sure to check out our daily trading & market reports below from CEO Bill Taylor and hedgie Mike Zigmont.
- The Zigmont Report (Daily Market Recap for 3/20/18)
Check out our new daily market wrap up from NYC hedgie Mike Zigmont
(Mike’s daily column will return in the New Year)
- BITCOIN Goes Green for St Pat’s, Up Sharply; GOLD Eases Back down, Off $3 (3/16/18)
Daily update of bitcoin, gold & other major market indices
We’ve got lots of other GREAT stories for you today, too:
- Bank of England’s Mark Carney Reassures G20 About CryptoAssets
How very surprising and wonderful to hear this report from the recent G20
- New Digital Currency Futures Exchange Launching Using Blockchain
These guys want to take on the CME and Cboe – okay…..
- Mr. Wonderful Predicts the Demise of Small Cap Stocks in Favor of Tokens
Last week ETFs were predicted to fall by the wayside, now small caps???
- Blockchain Enters Opaque Ground With First Structured Note
Blockchain equals legitimacy, structured notes…not so much
- Does Bitcoin Fall Under the First Amendment?
Very thought provoking piece from a hacker site…hmmmm…….
- 3 Questions with Stan Smith of SaveDaily
Our latest interview in our weekly 3 Questions series
- #BlockchainProfiles – Meet Diana Adachi, CEO of Pegasus Fintech
Check out our new series on blockchain thought leaders & meet Diana Adachi
And some other top reads from the recent past:
- FINANCIAL ADVISOR MAGAZINE PARENT ACQUIRES FINTEKNEWS
- Which Fintech Type are You?
- Technology Has Unsettled Financial Markets Permanently
- Canada’s ETF King Som Seif Says ETFs Will Soon Become Obsolete
- Blockchain, Bitcoin and Google
- $Trillion Dollar Investment Firm Wellington Moving into Cryptocurrencies
- Huge Anonymous Bitcoin Purchase Just Went Down
- Why Blockchain Will Fuel the Next Big Oil Boom
- JP Morgan Pivots from Jamie Dimon’s Infamous “Bitcoin is a Fraud” Proclamation
- Trading Technologies & Coinbase Partner to Bridge Futures with Bitcoin
- Wealthtechs Totum Risk & Circleblack Announce Integration
- Merrill Lynch Bans Investments in Barry Silbert’s Bitcoin Investment Trust
- Top Ten Crypto Assets of 2017 (hint: Bitcoin is NOT on the list)
- BITCOIN: $1 Million, $0 & Bubbles(?)
- Google Says Bitcoin is the #2 Search Term for 2017
- Fintech Goes Sporting with Launch of Global Sports Financial Exchange
- The Thousand Whales of Bitcoin
- The Millennial Bitcoin Trader Publishes New Bitcoin Sentiment Videos
- James Altucher Predicts Bitcoin Will Hit $1M by 2020
- A Citrus Barron from the 1920’s Holds the Key to the Legality of ICOs
- Fidelity Could Help Create 26 Million New Bitcoin Investors
- The Millennial Bitcoin Trader Publishes New Cryptocurrency Chart Pattern Videos
- Former Fortress Investment Group Hedgie Launching $500M Crypto Fund
- Meet the Man who Created the Initial Coin Offering (ICO)
- The Great “Sexism in FinTech” Debate
- Russia’s Putin Charges Forward with National Digital Currency Directive
- A Look At Cryptocurrency Trading from a 20 Year Old Millennial’s Perspective
- CFTC & SEC Turf War Looming Over Digital Currencies
- Ex-Morgan Stanley CEO Planning $950M ICO
- Algorithms & Market Automation Ushering Out Traders Permanently
- Fidelity’s Abigail Johnson Announces She’s a Bitcoin Believer
- Blockchain Could Help United Nations Assist Over 80 Million People
- Digitizing Gold, the CME and the Royal Mint
- Where are the Women in Fintech?
Click here to join our FintekNews’ Linkedin Group!
Follow us on social media and share our content with your friends and colleagues:
FintekNews launched in July 2016 and was recently acquired by Charter Financial Publishing Network. In searching for a comprehensive single source of fintech news, we found many different sites that covered many industries individually, but none that covered ALL the pieces of the pie that comprise FINTECH at large. Those pieces include trading & markets, banking & payments, digitial currencies & blockchain, P2P and marketplace lending, insurance-tech and mortgage-tech, robo-managers, risk management & fraud detection systems plus VC & PE news in the space.
While there are many superb sites that cover one or two pieces of the industry, or cover more sectors but are UK- or Asian-based, none that are USA-based covered them all. So-that is what FintekNews continues to endeavor to do.
Enjoy our content and contact us if you’d like to contribute or advertise on our site or newsletter.
Yours in Fintech,
Cindy Taylor, Publisher