Welcome to your daily dose of fintech, and Happy Friday to you! Wishing you a wonderful and safe Memorial Day weekend! We’ll be publishing T/W/Th next week, btw. Today, we’ve got some great content for you as always, including a piece on how folks trust robots for heart surgery, but not money management, a look at how blockchain technology combined with mobile could bring prosperity to billions, and much more…..
Make sure to check out our CEO & hedgie Bill Taylor’s daily trading & market overviews below…
- Markets & KFTX – What Can You Say, Its Up and Away.
Daily Review of KBW NASDAQ KFTX Fintech Index & Market (5/25/17 Close)
- BITCOIN BITCOIN BITCOIN – WOW. Gold Stable
Daily update of bitcoin, gold & other major market indices (5/25/17 Close)
We’ve got lots of other GREAT stories for you today, too:
- Adding 2 Billion UnderBanked to World Economy with Blockchain
Two words – blockchain & mobile
- Favorite Fintech Tools from Forbes Finance Council
A look at some important trends from some great young minds in finance
- Prosper’s Ron Suber & His Sweet Sixteen Fintechs
16 fintechs in Suber’s personal portfolio and counting
- Hey Robot! You Can Cut Me With a Knife, But Don’t Touch My Money!
A very funny and poignant market behavioral read
- NextSeed – A New Crowdfunding Portal – Takes Root
Info on the nation’s first FINRA-approved Reg CF crowdfunding portal
- Insurtech PolicyGenius Raises $30M Series C Funding Round
A hot insurtech with $30M more cash in their pockets
- 3 Questions with Jon Squire of CardFree
This week’s latest installment of our “3 Questions With” feature
- FintekNews-Weekly Fintech Jobs (5/21-5/27)
In the market for a new fintech job? You’ve come to the right place
- Hiring this Spring? Advertise Your Job on the OneWire FintekNews Job Board
We have the best way to recruit your next fintech & financial talent
And some other top reads from the past week & beyond:
- Pre IPO FinTech Companies Kabbage, SoFi, Stripe Over $1B Valuations
- $100B Softbank Technology Fund Vexing VCs
- A New P2P Loan Platform Launches for Digital Currency Holders
- Online Lender Payoff’s App Helps Women Tackle Finances
- Digital Currencies & ICO Trend Continue Rapid Expansion
- CFTC Launches Major New Fintech Initiative
- Exchange Launches New Nasdaq Analytics Hub Platform
- IMF’s Christine Lagarde Addresses Fintech at Belt & Road Forum, Beijing
- Fed President Talks Up Blockchain; Bitcoin Spikes
- Blockchain Could Help United Nations Assist Over 80 Million People
- Digitizing Gold, the CME and the Royal Mint
- Results From KPMG’s Q1 2017 “The Pulse of Fintech” Report
- JD Power’s New 2017 Retail Banking Report
- Where are the Women in Fintech?
Check out FintekNews-Hottest Finance Jobs of 2017, with a link to our full suite of recruiting solutions with our partner OneWire.
Click here to join our FintekNews’ Linkedin Group!
Follow us on social media and share our content with your friends and colleagues:
FintekNews launched mid-2016, so you’re witnessing a new media company being born! This website was an idea that came to us over a year ago. In searching for a comprehensive single source of fintech news, we found many different sites that covered many industries individually, but none that covered ALL the pieces of the pie that comprise FINTECH at large. Those pieces include trading & markets, banking & payments, digitial currencies & blockchain, P2P and marketplace lending, insurance-tech and mortgage-tech, robo-managers, risk management & fraud detection systems plus VC & PE news in the space.
While there are many superb sites that cover one or two pieces of the industry, or cover more sectors but are UK- or Asian-based, none that are USA-based covered them all. So-that is what FintekNews will endeavor to do. Since we are launching organically, we will offer a combination of original content and clipped news items in the near term, plus a little humor on the side for you, too! As we grow, we will expand our original content and add chat, video and other features to the site as well.
Enjoy our content and contact us if you’d like to contribute or advertise on our site or newsleter.
Yours in Fintech,
Cindy Taylor, Publisher