Welcome to your daily dose of fintech & Happy Wednesday!! Today we have a look at the top 10 VC-backed fintechs for 2017, word of a new online mortgage company that promises closings in as few as 8 days WITHOUT loan officers, and much more…
Make sure to check out our daily trading & market reports below from CEO Bill Taylor and hedgie Mike Zigmont.
- The Zigmont Report (Daily Market Recap for 8/15/17)
Check out our new daily market wrap up from NYC hedgie Mike Zigmont
- BITCOIN HAS SHARP PULLBACK; GOLD DROPS, TOO (8/15/17)
Daily update of bitcoin, gold & other major market indices
And if you’re in NYC on October 3rd, make sure you register to attend the Trading Show New York!
We’ve got lots of other GREAT stories for you today, too:
- China Looks to Overtake World in Artificial Intelligence Category
Rut roh – are headed for a showdown between Elon Musk & China?
- The Top Ten VC-Backed Fintechs for 2017
Study up! There will be a quiz on these!!
- New Mortgage Platform Promises Closings in as Few as 8 Days
Watch out loan officers! This one looks like a game changer
- Norwegian Fintech CEO Says M&A in EU About to Explode
We don’t disagree but the source in the story stands to gain from this WELL-PUBLICIZED prediction
- Payments Processor iPayment Launches Merchant Cash Advances for SMBs
From payments to accounts receivables funding – good growth strategy for iPayment
- FINTRX Family Office Database and Asset Raising Platform
Sponsored: Fantastic family office database for asset raising-check it out!
- FintekNews Celebrates #WomenInFintech – Meet Sally Outlaw of Worthy
A cool lady with a cool name and an even cooler new fintech
- FintekNews-Weekly Fintech Jobs (8/13-8/19)
In the market for a new fintech job? You’ve come to the right place
- 3 Questions with Jeff Cain of Envestnet | Yodlee Incubator
Meet Jeff Cain, head of one of the most interesting fintech incubators out there
- SUMMER SPECIAL: 50% OFF FINTECH JOB POSTINGS!
We have the best way to recruit your next fintech & financial talent
- WealthTech Insights – Interview with Cindy Taylor
Thanks to the team at Insart for posting this interview on our views around WealthTech
And some other top reads from the recent past:
- CFTC & SEC Turf War Looming Over Digital Currencies?
- 2017 is the Year of AI & Machine Learning in Fintech
- Move Over Pork Bellies, Hello Hemp Seed
- This Is The Dawning of the Age of the DCO
- Ex-Morgan Stanley CEO Planning $950M ICO
- China Implementing Blockchain Technology to Collect Taxes
- Russia Looks to Become Digital Banking Mecca
- Breathtaking Initiative – World Identity Network Launches
- Billionaire Mark Cuban & Others Jumping Into ICO Market
- A Cybersecurity Startup Whose Youngest Partner is 75
- OCC Concerned about Fintech for Banking Industry
- Algorithms & Market Automation Ushering Out Traders Permanently
- Infographic of The History of Digital Currency Ethereum
- CB Insights Fintech 250 List & Infographic
- WSJ’s Top 25 Tech Companies for 2017-3 Are Fintechs
- The New Cryptocurrency Gold Rush Has Arrived
- Fidelity’s Abigail Johnson Announces She’s a Bitcoin Believer
- Blockchain Could Help United Nations Assist Over 80 Million People
- Digitizing Gold, the CME and the Royal Mint
- Where are the Women in Fintech?
Check out FintekNews-Hottest Finance Jobs of 2017, with a link to our full suite of recruiting solutions with our partner OneWire.
Click here to join our FintekNews’ Linkedin Group!
Follow us on social media and share our content with your friends and colleagues:
FintekNews launched mid-2016, so you’re witnessing a new media company being born! This website was an idea that came to us over a year ago. In searching for a comprehensive single source of fintech news, we found many different sites that covered many industries individually, but none that covered ALL the pieces of the pie that comprise FINTECH at large. Those pieces include trading & markets, banking & payments, digitial currencies & blockchain, P2P and marketplace lending, insurance-tech and mortgage-tech, robo-managers, risk management & fraud detection systems plus VC & PE news in the space.
While there are many superb sites that cover one or two pieces of the industry, or cover more sectors but are UK- or Asian-based, none that are USA-based covered them all. So-that is what FintekNews will endeavor to do. Since we are launching organically, we will offer a combination of original content and clipped news items in the near term, plus a little humor on the side for you, too! As we grow, we will expand our original content and add chat, video and other features to the site as well.
Enjoy our content and contact us if you’d like to contribute or advertise on our site or newsleter.
Yours in Fintech,
Cindy Taylor, Publisher