Friends, we get lots of PR pitches these days, and this one from the commentator Chris Skinner appealed to us ‘cuz it just cuts to the chase. Now YOU know what WE know about what we should expect to see as the main themes in fintech for 2017.
The first few weeks of 2017 bombarded us with articles predicting the future of fintech and financial services. Skinner has analyzed them all and identified the top 11 trends that the leading banking and FinTech experts agree we should be following now.
Chris Skinner is known as an independent commentator on the financial markets and fintech through his blog, the Finanser.com, as author of the bestselling book Digital Bank and its new sequel ValueWeb.
In his day job, he is Chair of the European networking forum: the Financial Services Club. He is on the Advisory Boards of many companies including Innovate Finance, Moven and Meniga, and has been voted one of the most influential people in banking by The Financial Brand, a FinTech Titan (Next Bank), one of the Fintech Leaders you need to follow (City AM, Deluxe and Jax Finance), one of the Top 5 most influential people on BankInfoSecurity’s list of information security leaders.
Here’s the trend breakdown, according to Mr. Skinner:
- Removing friction from the customer journey
- Rise of insurtech
- Rise of regtech
- PSD2 forces banks and fintech to partner
- Reform of the bank boardroom
- China and emerging markets focus
- Chatbots, machine learning, AI
- Fintech gets integrated with social media
- Fintech gets integrated with the Internet of Things
- Platforms, APIs, and open banking are key
- Blockchain moves out of the labs into the real world
Source: Chris Skinner’s Blog http://thefinanser.com/