In celebration of the Chicago Mercantile Exchange’s (CME) launch of two new bitcoin indexes (BRR & BRTI), FintekNews is comparing the price of bitcoin and gold on a daily basis.
Trading Notes for Tuesday, 2/17/17:
- Bitcoin heading for new highs.
- Gold peaking in the $1245-$1250 area
- LONG Bitcoin/SHORT Gold………no changes
- FYI…..Bitcoin up $86.15 (+8.9%) for the week
- FYI,,,,,Gold up $3.00 (+.002%) for the week
- When will parity happen? Not IF, when!
Bitcoin vs. Gold Daily Pricing Chart
* Prices are from CME’s BRR index as of 4:15 EST; gold as of 4:15 EST near term future
** Inception began Aug. 17, 2016 (see FintekNews article)
CME CF Bitcoin Reference Rate & CME CF Bitcoin Real Time Index
We wrote an article (8/17/16) going on the record saying bitcoin will outperform gold throughout the future. The chart above compares the pricing on that date to the two most recent trading days, as reference. We at FintekNews have written (and are on record) of saying that bitcoin will outperform gold in the future.