Friends, we are currently reviewing some different ways to bring fintech job opportunities to our readers. We’ll continue experimenting with this in the near future, but in the meantime, rather than posting 10 jobs at a time – once a week – we thought we’d focus in on one really cool fintech job at a time. Here’s our first stab at it, and we think this one looks quite awesome, as SeedInvest is definitely a fintech to watch, with excellent management. Check it out!
SeedInvest is seeking a Principal to join our Venture Team in New York City. SeedInvest is looking for someone with significant experience in leading deal sourcing at a top-tier Venture Capital fund, Growth Equity fund, Private Equity fund or Investment Bank. This is an opportunity to contribute significantly to a leading equity crowdfunding platform which is dramatically changing the way private companies raise capital.
SeedInvest provides over 200,000 investors with access to highly-vetted startup investment opportunities for the first time and enables founders to spend less time fundraising and more time building their businesses. SeedInvest moves the antiquated process of private company fundraising online but in a high-quality way, only accepting 1% of the ~1,000 startups which apply each month. If you are interested in joining a leading fintech startup which Jim Cramer said “could be the future of how startups get funded,” we’d love to hear from you.
This is a salaried full-time position ($100k-$120k) with equity compensation (0.05-0.10%).
We are looking for someone:
- With a deep passion for startups, entrepreneurship, and investing
- Who can hit the ground running and lead a sourcing team
- Who can develop and maintain external relationships
- Who can drive revenue and manage a P&L
- With strong critical thinking skills and creativity
You’ll be expected to:
- Help grow and manage the sourcing team
- Establish and manage KPIs across the entire sourcing team
- Establish best practices and guide members of the sourcing team
- Generate leads for new investment opportunities, with a particular focus around larger investment opportunities
- Build and maintain relations with startup founders and management teams
- Build and maintain relations with Venture Capital firms, Angel Groups and Accelerators
- Continually find ways to improve our processes across the board
- Perform preliminary due diligence on select investment opportunities
- Present new opportunities to our Investment Committee
The minimum requirements are:
- BA/BS degree from a top-tier institution
- Significant experience (Senior Associate, VP or Principal level) sourcing investment opportunities at a top-tier Venture Capital fund, Growth Equity fund, Private Equity fund, or Investment Bank
- Proven track record of sourcing, evaluating and closing deals
- Proven track record of building and managing a team
- Excellent finance and accounting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
You can apply online for this job at this link: