Note from the CEO: So, there was Mobey Day up in Toronto (beats me, its Canada) with all kinds of speakers and presenters. Which must mean Mobey is a conference in Canadian speak. Oh well, there are some great quotes related to the fintech sector that are certainly relevant and insightful. I joke, but they really are good.
Quotes on the digitization of commerce from Mobey Day summing up almost everything in the evolution of financial services. Excellent and fun.
“Mobey Day Toronto speakers and participants discussed the converging factors driving the evolution of the financial services industry. From the indelible mark left by the pervasiveness of smartphones to recent developments in augmented and machine learning, attendees were treated to insights on how collaboration between financial services, fintech and government can contribute to redefining banking and payments.
Here are 21 of the best quotes we heard during Mobey Day Toronto.
Mobey Day quotes on the digitization of commerce:
- “The major winners will be financial services companies that embrace technology.” – Alexander Peh, PayPal and Braintree
- “Millennials are the least insured generation since WWII … insurance companies are ripe for disruption.” – Mark Dowds, Trov
- “People need banking, not banks.” – Ranjit Sarai, President’s Choice Financial
- “Banks can partner with fintech to build an ecosystem where the size of the pie grows for the banks and third parties.”– Mike Henry, Scotiabank
- “We’re talking about payments, customers care about shopping.” – Ranjit Sarai, President’s Choice Financial
- “Blockchain also offers resilience against a denial of service attack.” – Greg Wolfond, SecureKey
- .”People are tired of having so many passwords.” – Greg Wolfond, SecureKey…….”