Note from the CEO: OK (and one more time), it’s that time of year for holiday traditions, family time, parties, New Year’s resolutions AND New Year predictions. Since next year will be 2017 (not on the Mayan calendar but who cares) you will notice all the predictions will be for 2017. Coincidence? I think not.
Good bye (almost) 2016 and get ready for 2017. Here are some more predictions for that new New Year.
“There is no doubt that 2016 has been a tumultuous year.
From Brexit to Trump and the Ukraine to Syria, we have seen many upheavals on the geopolitical front. A lot has happened in Fintech, too, although here the upheaval has in my opinion been almost all positive. Today FinTech is firmly established as one of the biggest sectors in all technology…….
What will next year bring?
- The year of the pilot (for blockchain)….
- The year of the standard (for blockchain)….
- The year of the platform (for robos & online lending)….
- The year of the attack (cybersecurity)…
Along with the above “predictions”, here are some of the trends I think worth keeping an eye on in the coming year.
- PSD2 pushing partnerships between banks and FinTechs.
- Competition among financial centers for FinTech innovation.
- The continued rise of smart machines.
- An intensified war for talent…..”
Read Full Story by Oliver Bussman at LlinkedinPulse