We at FintekNews don’t usually run articles on individual stocks except; 1) when the stock is in the KFTX fintech index we write about daily; or 2) when the stock is something WE actually use on a daily basis; or 3) when we want to.
So, it’s a very nice “picture” of PayPal and they are dominant it a crowded field.
PayPal is dominating all other players in the alternative payments sector and is just getting stronger. That’s what happens when you have great brand recognition and a belief that PayPal has stronger security in the technology it uses. Congratulations on doing a super job PayPal people. (Bill Taylor/CEO)
“Not so long ago PayPal, the global technology platform and one of the leaders in digital payments, has announced its financial results for the period ended December 31, 2016. The results, one could easily say, are quite impressive. Let us briefly take a look at them.
Financial & operating highlights for 2016 include:
- Revenue growth of 17% to $10.8 billion
- GAAP operating margin of 15% with non-GAAP operating margin of 20%
- Operating cash flow of $3.2 billion, free cash flow of $2.5 billion
- Active customer accounts of 197 million, up 10% with growth of 18 million active customer accounts
- 6.1 billion payment transactions, up 24%
- 31 payment transactions per active account on a trailing twelve months basis, up 13%
From the data outlined above it is clear that PayPal is doing something right. Not only the payments company has experienced a healthy growth, but also it has retained a leading position in the payments field.
PayPal has retained the leading position in payments.”