By Bill Taylor, Contributor/Fintek Capital
We compare the price of Bitcoin, Ethereum, & Gold, using the CME Bitcoin Indexes (BRR & BRTI) and the CME Ethereum Indexes (ETH_RR_USD) & (ETH_RTI_USD) for reference.
1/14/19 Closing Prices:
Bitcoin: $3,594.27 (-$16.91)
Ether: $120.56 (-$3.03)
Gold: $1,292 (+$5.00)
DJIA: 23,909.84 (-86.11)
S&P 500: 2,582.61 (-13.65)
Nasdaq Comp: 6,905.92 (-65.56)
Trading Summary Notes for Monday, 1/14/2019
- After suffering a bad week last week (dropping below $4,000) it appeared that the weekend might get a bit “nasty” for BITCOIN…………..and ETH
- Both BTC and ETH firmed up, held steady, “treaded water” and then turned higher in late Monday afternoon trading (after London ‘close’)
- Another bottom? Will BITCOIN ever resume a long LONG climb? Will BITCOIN ever see $20,000 again? Or $50,000? The answer is YES! When? That’s the big question and, lets be clear. NOBODY knows
- With more and more institutional infrastructure being built out, and regulators dragging their feet to establish rules, timing is hard to forecast.
- Taking a LONG term view on BITCOIN (and to a lesser extent on ETH) acquiring BTC “down” here should be very rewarding
- Buying BTC $3,500-$3,700 (traders use stops at $3,250) and add to momentum buying above $4,200 looks like a good strategy. Near term target $6,500
- ETH will follow BTC. If BTC goes to $4,200 ETH should see $150. If BTC reaches $6,500 expect ETH to see $200. ETH traders acquiring ‘down’ here should use $105 stops
- Lets be really clear; GOLD is in a new long term bull market. It appears it will break above $1,300 at any time. Near term target is $1,400
- A close above $1,305 would be very bullish
- A slight pullback in GOLD to $1,265-$1,275 would not be unusual. Buy the dips
- LONG TERM BULLISH ON BITCOIN AND GOLD. NEUTRAL ON ETH.
Current trading positions; LONG BITCOIN AND GOLD
Bill Taylor is Managing Partner at Fintek Capital & a frequent contributor