By Bill Taylor, Contributor/Fintek Capital
We compare the price of Bitcoin, Ethereum, & Gold, using the CME Bitcoin Indexes (BRR & BRTI) and the CME Ethereum Indexes (ETH_RR_USD) & (ETH_RTI_USD) for reference.
2/4/19 Closing Prices:
Bitcoin: $3,408.72 (-$11.14)
Ether: $106.19 (-$0.01)
Gold: $1,313 (-$4.00)
DJIA: 25,239.37 (+175.48)
S&P 500: 2,724.87 (+18.34)
Nasdaq Comp: 7,347.54 (+83.67)
Trading Summary Notes for Monday, 2/4/2019
- BITCOIN has become so two years ago. BITCOIN boring? BITCOIN dead? Yes, for now and don’t get me started on ETH
- Going back years (OK, decades) it is always when nobody wants something (stocks, bonds, commodities) that its time to accumulate. Here’s a test question; Would you rather be buying BITCOIN (cryptos) when every media outlet is covering it, your neighbors have opened crypto accounts and BITCOIN $20,000 is “cheap?” OR, when nobody cares?
- Boy, if you don’t know the answer to that question its back to being a Lyfft driver for you.
- And BITCOIN boring? How many people worldwide watched yesterday’s U.S. Super Bowl? Now THAT’S boring. But bet you watch again next year
- What I’m trying to say……this is becoming a long stretched out bottom area for BITCOIN
- Of course that is echoed in ETHEREUM as well. Wherever BITCOIN goes….ETH follows
- So, lets just say, $3,400 +/- for BTC and $105 +/_ for ETH is VERY attractive long term
- So, if these areas hold there will be awakened interest in crypto (soon? later in the year?) and the upside “explosion” will be impressive
- Meantime, GOLD is showing why the $1,200 area was THE bottom (nah nah, told you so) and a new long term bull market is in place
- Buying the dips in GOLD is the strategy of 2019. Near term target is $1,400
- LONG TERM BULLISH ON BITCOIN AND GOLD. NEUTRAL ON ETH (but getting more “interested”)
Current trading positions; LONG BITCOIN AND GOLD
Bill Taylor is Managing Partner at Fintek Capital & a frequent contributor