WE HOPE YOU ENJOY OUR NEW FORMAT FOR THE TAYOR REPORT – BITCOIN VS GOLD VS ETHEREUM, INCLUDING A LINK TO THE NEW CME ETHEREUM INDEXES!
By Bill Taylor, Contributor
We compare the price of Bitcoin, Ethereum, & Gold, using the CME Bitcoin Indexes (BRR & BRTI) and the CME Ethereum Indexes (ETH_RR_USD) & (ETH_RTI_USD) for reference.
8/16/18 Closing Prices:
Bitcoin: $6,340.95 (-$24.44)
Ethereum: $290.66 (+$5.89)
Gold: $1,174 (-$19)
Dow Jones Industrials: 25,558.73 (+396.32)
S&P 500: 2,840.69 (+22.32)
Nasdaq Composite: 7,806.52 (+32.41)
Trading Summary Notes for Thursday, 8/16/2018
- CRYPTO PANIC NOT OVER YET! Beware the trapdoor under you
- BITCOIN eases off a small amount, trades higher ($6,400) after London close
- ETHEREUM ticks up a few dollars, no big buyers
- Expect BITCOIN to break down under $6,000 in a panic. Target $4,500-$5,000
- ETH to test $200 in a panic
- One big word for GOLD; Dollar, Dollar DOLLAR
- RUMORS THAT SOME CENTRAL BANKS MAY BE SELLING GOLD. Only a rumor
- Dollar’s strength just kicking GOLD’S butt
- Long term bullish on BITCOIN and GOLD. Neutral on ETH.
CURRENT TRADING POSITION: LONG GOLD
Bill Taylor is Managing Partner at Fintek Capital & a frequent contributor to FintekNews