WE HOPE YOU ENJOY OUR NEW FORMAT FOR THE TAYOR REPORT – BITCOIN VS GOLD VS ETHEREUM, INCLUDING A LINK TO THE NEW CME ETHEREUM INDEXES!
By Bill Taylor, Contributor
We compare the price of Bitcoin, Ethereum, & Gold, using the CME Bitcoin Indexes (BRR & BRTI) and the CME Ethereum Indexes (ETH_RR_USD) & (ETH_RTI_USD) for reference.
8/21/18 Closing Prices:
Bitcoin: $6,408.78 (-$34.70)
Ethereum: $275.00 (-$10.61)
Gold: $1,193 (+$4)
Dow Jones Industrials: 25,822.29 (+63.60)
S&P 500: 2,862.96 (+5.91)
Nasdaq Composite: 7,859.17 (+38.17)
Trading Summary Notes for Tuesday, 8/21/2018
- BTC and ETH off slightly in dull trade waiting for SEC decision on ETFs due Thursday (23rd)
- SEC will rule on two funds from ProShares
- A ‘no’ ruling will send BTC and ETH plunging. Note: SEC “doesn’t like cryptos…..just saying”
- CRYPTO PANIC MAY NOT BE OVER YET! BITCOIN could break down under $6,000 in a panic. Target $4,500-$5,000
- GOLD holds yesterday’s strong rally on Venezuela’s fiscal meltdown
- GOLD holding $1,175-$1,180 so far
- Dollar is keeping a lid on GOLD. Overlooked and under appreciated?; Inflation, Euro problems, Brexit and Turkey
- Long term bullish on BITCOIN and GOLD. Neutral on ETH.
CURRENT TRADING POSITION: LONG GOLD
Bill Taylor is Managing Partner at Fintek Capital & a frequent contributor to FintekNews