Happy Tuesday from FintekNews! Lots going on today, including news that we didn’t publish a piece on that Apple is getting into the credit card business. See how tech and finance continue to overlap – a/k/a “fintech”. Now today we have a look at industries blockchain will disrupt in 2019, a compelling piece exploring the possibility of a crypto one day replacing the US dollar (not so far-fetched as you may think), a dive into top banking trends, and a new 3 Questions interview featuring Tim Horton, CTO of Chalice Financial Network. All that plus our daily market overviews from hedgie Mike Zigmont and crypto hedgie Bill Taylor.
And if you’re in the Northeast, come meet Team Chalice & Me on Thursday, 3/28 at NYC’s Chelsea Piers for the final leg of the Chalice CommUNITY Tour 2019! Details below….
Introducing Chalice CommUNITY Tour 2019!
Learn how to become a FINTECH ENABLED WEALTH ADVISOR and leverage technology to run, grow, and scale your business. Join co-hosts Cindy Taylor, founder of FintekNews and Keith Gregg, CEO of Chalice Financial Network, plus a panel of industry experts, as they review the current state of FinTech and share expert insights on how you, the independent wealth advisor, can leverage and capitalize on these trends and developments.
- The Taylor Report-Bitcoin vs Gold vs Ethereum (3/25/19)
Daily update of bitcoin, ethereum, gold & other major market indices
- The Zigmont Report (Daily Market Recap for 3/25/19)
Our market wrap up from NYC hedgie Mike Zigmont published after 4:00 pm ET daily
Latest Fintech News Stories
- NEW – Could A Crypto Replace The Dollar? Yes It Could.
- NEW – What’s Hot In Banking? Here Are 5 Things.
- NEW – Industries Blockchain Will Disrupt In 2019
- 3/21/19 Update – Regtech Solving the Banking Issue for Legal Cannabis Businesses
- Research Shows Young & Old Alike Embracing Digital Wealth Management
- Guest Post: Is The Business World Well Placed for New Technology?
- Cboe Quits Bitcoin Futures
- Half a Billion Reasons Why Fintech Matters in Wealth Management
- Artificial Intelligence: The Future Of ETFs?
- The Powerful Women Of Crypto And Blockchain
- Starbucks Coffee For Bitcoin
- Book Excerpt: “Defining the Digital Economy: The Structure of the Digital Economy in Focus”
- Could Facebook Become The Biggest Central Bank In The World?
- William Mills Publishes 2019 “Bankers As Buyers” Report
- 5G-The Potential Impact on Fintech & The Security Risks
- Payment Resolutions Every Marketplace Should Make in 2019
- Book Excerpt: “Fintech 4 Good”, Part 1
- JPMorgan’s CEO May Not Like Bitcoin, But Firm Develops Own Crypto Token
- Fed Chairman Underscores Gaps in Fintech with Mississippi Visit
- Ric Edelman Says Bitcoin ETF is “a lock.” At Some Point.
- Police Forces Are Into Bitcoin
- The Hot New Job In Fintech: Someone To Deal With Regulators
- Chalice Offering End-To-End Business Services, Solutions For Advisors
- 55ip: Intelligent, Custom, Automated Investment Strategies
Latest Profiles & Feature Series:
- NEW – 3 Questions With Tim Horton of Chalice Financial Network
Our latest interview in our weekly 3 Questions series
- NEW – Smart Content Management and Automation for Faster Scaling with Laserfiche
Our ongoing series on wealthtech with expert Vasyl Solushchuk
- #BlockchainProfiles – Meet Tomislav Matic of Crypto Future
Check out our new series on blockchain thought leaders
- FintekNews Celebrates #WomenInFintech – Meet Sunaina Swaminathan of M Science
Our ongoing series celebrating women leaders in financial technology
- #FintechSavvy – Meet Christopher Giles of Chalice Wealth Partners
Our ongoing series on the wealthtech sector
- FintekNews VC Deal of the Week – Broadridge Acquires FundAssist
Our weekly review of the top VC deal in fintech
Latest Press Releases:
- Reinventing Investment Banking: Banks Street Partners to join Performance Trust Capital Partners
- PEAK6 Expands New York Presence to Focus on Fintech Innovation and Growth
- CURRENCY MATTERS Joins IBM Blockchain World Wire
- Gate.io relaunches platform to users in USA, Canada and Japan
- Private Wealth Systems Adds General Ledger and Bill Pay Solution to its Digital Ecosystem for Family Offices
- ATA RiskStation™ Now Available on Fusion Capital Management Turnkey Asset Management Platform
Top Reads From the Recent Past:
- Do Financial Advisors Understand Millennials?
- Crypto Is An Institutional Asset Class Says Morgan Stanley
- All You Need to Know About Cryptocurrency Wallets
- Top Four Considerations for Independent Financial Advisors When Building Their Tech Stack
- GONE VIRAL – The Tipping Point for Cryptocurrencies Coming
- GONE VIRAL – Japan Banking Giant Mitsubishi Bank to Launch Cryptocurrency in 2019
- Get Ready for a New Word to Add to Your Vocabulary – CRYPTOASSETS
- An International Fintech Grad Student Asked Me About Forex – Here’s What I Had To Say
- New York Stock Exchange Owner Jumps Into Bitcoin
- The Richard Branson/ Blockchain Connection
- A Big Bite: How Blockchain is Changing the Ag Markets and What We Know About Our Food
- Morgan Stanley Taps BlackRock to Help Lure $2 Trillion of Assets
Follow us on social media & share our content with your friends and colleagues:
FintekNews launched in July 2016 andwere acquired by Charter Financial Publishing Network in 2018. In searching for a comprehensive single source of fintech news, we found many different sites that covered many industries individually, but none that covered ALL the pieces of the pie that comprise FINTECH at large. Those pieces include trading & markets, banking & payments, digitial currencies & blockchain, P2P and marketplace lending, insurance-tech and mortgage-tech, robo-managers, risk management & fraud detection systems plus VC & PE news in the space.
While there are many superb sites that cover one or two pieces of the industry, or cover more sectors but are UK- or Asian-based, none that are USA-based covered them all. So-that is what FintekNews continues to endeavor to do.
Enjoy our content and contact us if you’d like to contribute or advertise on our site or newsletter.
Yours in Fintech,
Cindy Taylor, Publisher